Needless to say, the COVID-19 pandemic (unfortunately) is an important part of history. We can expect this to be the topic of discussion for years, be featured in history books, and even in museums. In fact, Pennsylvania is one step ahead. PhillyVoice has recently revealed that a new Covid-related exhibit is in the works! And to ensure it’s Covid-friendly, the exhibit is virtual.
Pennsylvania’s One Lens : Sharing Our Common Views
I know everyone is fed up with the pandemic and talking about the pandemic (I am). But, as much as I hate to admit, it’s an important part of history—and currently—our lives. That’s why PhillyVoice is giving photographers from Pennsylvania the chance of having their work featured in their virtual exhibit. The company and Pennsylvania’s first lady, Frances Wolf, are encouraging residents to submit any photography that is related to the pandemic from March 2020 to present.
These photographs should reveal: our heroes that is the healthcare system, our essential workers, the downfall of businesses/community, and the daily lives of people during quarantine.
Which Photographers are Qualified?
Here’s the catch… or catches:
- Must be a Pennsylvania resident
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must display COVID-19 content from March 2020-present (as stated above)
- Photos submitted require a description along with contact information of the photographer
- Quality matters: photos must be in the form of a JPEG or PNG file, 1600 x 1200 pixels, and an MB range of 1-5
- Each subject in the said photograph must give their consent to being shown in the exhibit
With that being said, let’s talk about what kind of photography is prohibited:
- Promotion of services/products
- Explicit content (illegal, nudity, profanity, hate speech)
- Promotion of politics
Pennsylvania’s virtual exhibit One Lens: Sharing Our Common Views is intended to bring the community together through the shared experience of COVID-19.
Photo submission will be available from February 8th, 2021 to March 8th, 2021 on the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Featured Image Credit: Unsplash