“Without A Strategy, Content Is Just Stuff, And The World Has Enough Stuff.”– Arjun Basu
As we grow and change, so does technology and our favorite social media apps. You can use social media for more than just selfies, vacation photos, and vlogs; it can also be used more effectively as a business marketing tool. Being part of the 21st century comes with some extreme advantages. Young and new entrepreneurs (and even long-standing brands) are now using social media apps to benefit their businesses.
Small Business Tips
- Before diving into the social media world, create a plan. Without a plan, you probably won’t succeed in the promotion of your business. Every successful businessman or woman has a plan to set themselves up for success!
- Who is your competition? Recognizing your competition will provide feedback about your own business. Consider the following factors: Their follower count, their profile description, their social media platform feed(s). To dive in deeper, what differentiates your brand from your competitors?
- Have daily goals. Whether it’s the amount of traffic you want to see or the increase in your sales. Having a daily goal can keep you on track. Additionally, daily goals can either make you or break you. For instance, some days might be financially better than other days, which is pretty common. However, consider if there is anything you did differently on the better day than on the “average” day? If you’re not reaching your daily goals, maybe it’s time to switch up your promoting choices.
- Invest in your audience. I understand, being a business owner is a busy job; however, creating a connection with your audience is just as important as posting. Most audiences are customers. And if they’re not already, building a connection with said audience will definitely convert them into customers. Society always has feedback for you, even when you haven’t asked for it. Use this as an advantage! What does your audience want to see more of? Similar to that, what would they like to see less of? After all, you are catering to them.
- Your choice of social media platform is a reflection of your brand. It’s no secret that technology is different for each generation. If your brand’s target audience is Baby Boomers, you might want to consider Facebook. If your brand’s target audience is Millennials/Gen-Z, Instagram and TikTok is the better fit for you!
- Lastly, but definitely not least, invest in a social media calendar. Ultimately, social media calendars are an essential tool for any business. If you don’t know where to start, consider ContentCal. ContentCal is best for beginners. With this tool, you can effectively plan when to post, what to post, and where to post.
Facebook VS TikTok
There are two very different brands being promoted using two different social media platforms. Everyone is familiar with Buzzfeed’s Tasty. Tasty provides recipes and has taken advantage of Facebook for marketing reasons and because of its target audience. Small businesswoman, Stephanie, has used TikTok to promote her shapewear business, Stefania the Label, targeting young women.
The Instagram Update
Near the end of 2020, Instagram launched an update which update included a particular change: the replacement of everyone’s “activity” icon. You may remember, the “activity” section included our most recent likes, new comments, and new followers. A “shopping” icon has now replaced the “activity” tab. Within the shopping tab, Instagram users are shown a wide range of companies and products linked to their Instagram profile. With the click of a simple button, any user can add items to their shopping cart and check out! The purpose of this Instagram shopping feature is to increase traffic and sales for certain businesses. For business owners, especially young entrepreneurs, this is a dream come true.
Social Media Marketing Benefits
Here are 5 reasons as to why your business will thrive because of social media :
- Any application you use can lead to building a faithful audience (and therefore, new loyal customers!)
- Social Media serves the same purpose as a billboard, but with free advertisements of your business & products.
- Social media presence increases traffic and sales.
- Easily receive feedback on your products with comments and/or customers’ photos/videos.
- Ditch the pesky phone calls and emails. With social media, a business owner can provide customer service through instant messaging.
If you’re fearful of the business world, don’t be! This is your sign to follow your dreams and use such platforms to your advantage. Whether you’re dreaming of being a designer or launching your own bakery business, you will be successful with the help of many social media applications.
Featured Image From https://unsplash.com/@firmbee
Suggested Article To Read Next: How you can get your first 1000 Instagram followers