Taste New York City with these street photographers.
Capturing the big and small, the mundane and momentous, street photographers have a special view of the world unlike any traveler or explorer out there- street photography is a way of truly seeing the world.
New York City is the best playground for street photographers, as each borough and each neighbourhood comes with its unique charm.
Fuck travel books and brochures, the essence of the city is captured within the bodies of work of these present-day best street photographers from the Big Apple.
Photographers mentioned here will often skip capturing tourist traps and overhyped locations, to instead capture real people, forgotten neighborhoods, and back-alleys that tell a totally unique story of New York.- A secret NYC; A secret that only locals are in on.
Skip using anchors to:
- Dave Krugman (@dave.krugman) 317k followers
- Justin Aharoni (@jaharoni) 6,774 followers
- Mel D. Cole (@meldcole ) 114k followers
- Not A Public Figure (@aptheangel) 15.3k followers
- Jessica Foley (@fauxly) 11.1k followers
- Paola M. Franqui (@monaris_) 15.3k followers
- Matthew Beck (@plasticlunch) 7,879 followers
- Sara Messinger (@sara.messinger) 2,127 followers
- Raheim (@black_soap) 141k followers
- Jive (@jive) 16.3k followers
- Ryan Miller (@ryanmillier) 253k followers
- Mike Szpot (@illkoncept) 125k followers
- Julian Silverman (@shotsbyjs) 6,533 followers
- Steven John Irby (@stevesweatpants) 207k followers
Dave Krugman (@dave.krugman)
Justin Aharoni (@jaharoni)
Mel D. Cole (@meldcole )
Not A Public Figure (@aptheangel)
Jessica Foley (@fauxly)
Paola M Franqui (@monaris_)
Matthew Beck (@plasticlunch)
Sara Messinger (@sara.messinger)
Ryan Millier (@ryanmillier)
Mike Szpot (@illkoncept)
Julian Silverman (@shotsbyjs)
Steven John Irby (@stevesweatpants)
Quit looking at the same, NYC images time and time again- Aerial view of the Chrysler Building, A Brooklyn Bridge landscape or the view from the Rockefeller Centre; A picture of the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State building. Instead, embrace the real New York.
Check these photographers out, no matter who you are- NYC traveler, local, dreamer, lover, or any combination of those, you will find the streets of New York inspiring.
FEATURED PHOTO CREDIT: RYAN MILLIER (@RYANMILLIER)
Suggested Article to Read Next: How Rudy Willingham Uses Paper and Pop Culture to Redefine Street Art